I RUN BECAUSE
I love not just the finish line, but the trip along the way – it makes me feel free – I’ve got energy to burn – I need energy – it’s my anti-depressant – I hope my children will – I need an excuse to eat – stopping would hurt so much more than a blister or a broken toenail – walking takes too long and I have things I need to get done – my personal best is just that: mine – others can’t – it’s a good kind of sore – it makes the pavement feel needed – there are a lot worse addictions out there – there’s no better way to explore a city or enjoy the spring flowers and fall leaves – I “just felt like runnin” – there’s no drug like adrenaline – I’ll never know how far I can go unless I try – the pavement doesn’t complain when you pound it – it takes all I’ve got, but gives back more – I Can.
These are the races that I’ve run so far – some will click to a recap post, and others are just pictures and chip times!
- Army Ten Miler October 2006
- Jingle All the Way 10k December 2006
- St. Patrick’s Day 8k March 2007
- Cherry Blossom 10 Miler April 2007 – My PR for 10 miles and the fastest race pace I’ve ever run for any distance!
- Rock n’ Roll Virginia Beach Half Marathon August 2007
- Army Ten Miler October 2007
- Cherry Blossom 10 Miler April 2008
- Covered Bridge Half Marathon May 2008 – sadly something happened to the pics in this post!
- Marine Corp Marathon October 2008 – and this is a photo-less recap – oops!
- St. Patrick’s Day 8k March 2010
- Pacer’s Running Festival Quarter Marathon May 2010 – coming soon!
- KeyBank Vermont City Marathon Relay May 2010