Confession: I went from finishing Game Change about the 2008 election to reading the 50 Shades series. I’m not sure I want to know what that says about me.
I love to read. I most often read at night, in bed, or while traveling, and generally feel like I am always somewhere in a book. Just having finished my most recent read, “Emily and Einstein,” I am at a loss for what to start next. Or rather, I’ve started two books, and then returned them to the Kindle Store 24 hours later because, well, they just didn’t do it for me. This conundrum of what to read next made me reflect on what I’ve read so far this year. I’m all over the place! And while I am pretty proud of the number of books I read, in talking to a friend recently who stated she’d read like 9 books this SUMMER, I’m feeling inadequate! What should I read next?! Below is my 2012 completed reading, starting with my most recent books and going back to January.
- Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee
- Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture by Andy Cohen
- What Remains by Carole Radziwill
- Heaven Is Here: An Incredible Story of Hope, Triumph, and Everyday Joy by Stephanie Nielson
- Girl Walks into a Bar . . .: Comedy Calamities, Dating Disasters, and a Midlife Miracle by Rachel Dratch
- Fifty Shades Freed: Book Three of the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E.L. James
- Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E.L. James
- Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E.L. James
- Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin
- The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: A Novel by Jonathan Safran Foer
Since we’re headed to Vermont next week, I would like to have something to read (when I’m not doing backflips in excitement pre-wedding!). Help me with your suggestions!